NAPLA members must:
- Possesses an active license to practice law in one or more of the 50 states;
- Not currently advise or represent any insurance company;
- Not handle any personal injury cases for individual or corporate defendants;
- Agree not to make any material misrepresentations to the NAPLA about one's qualifications for membership;
- Agree not to make any material misrepresentations on the NAPLA website or listserv;
- Agree not to reproduce or transmit NAPLA materials or list serve conversations to any individuals, companies, or organizations who are not members of the NAPLA; and
- Agree to withdraw from the NAPLA upon being retained by an insurance company or an individual or corporate defendant in a personal injury case; upon relinquishing one's license to practice law; or upon being disbarred.
In applying to NAPLA, you represent that you meet these requirements.
NAPLA reserves the right to refuse membership to or terminate the membership of any person not meeting the above qualifications.